Any idea what this Synaptic message means?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 10 19:32:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:45:31 +0800
"Michael T. Richter" <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-10-02 at 13:43 +0000, Upayavira wrote:
> > Michael T. Richter wrote:

> > > So this has been outstanding for over a year.  Lovely.
> >
> > Yes, but by the looks of it solved with as little as an:
> >
> >    apt-get update
>
> Ten tries later over a few hours and it still hasn't been solved.  Looks
> seem to be deceiving.

 Michael, have you tried using a different mirror?
For instance, remove the "cn" from the start of all your

 http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com       lines in /etc/apt/sources.list

 that would connect you to the default archive, which admittedly is
a long way off  (in the UK, or maybe now in .se according to "host
archive.ubuntu.com)  but seems to work fine from here when needed ( I'm
in .au)

Peter