Can't connect to my ubuntu server :-(

Oscar Carlsson monotux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:18:41 UTC 2006

I might haven't been as clear as I should :-)

ssh and http works without a problem - as long as I connect to the server
from the outside - like when I type in my public ip-address or my external
dns - and I have http, ssh and a few more ports forwarded from my firewall
to my ubuntu server.

But the server is located behind a NAT, on the same network as my other
computers - 192.168.1.0. The server uses DHCP (so that I can make sure that
it's config is correct).

But the other computers on the network can't connect to the server by
addressing it with it's internal ip - 192.168.1.12.
As long as I only need http- and ssh-access to the computer, everything is
fine. But the server is a fileserver, and I want nfs and samba to work
properly on my network, which is very hard as long as I can't access the
server without going through the internet.

Oscar