1 Gigabyte SD card "full" after 467 MB

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Fri Feb 10 02:42:24 UTC 2006

>On my Breezy install, if I empty the trash _before_ unmounting the usb
>drive, then the files will also be deleted from the .Trash directory
>on the usb drive.

Thank you for the advice, but I don't think this is the source of the
problem. This is a brand new SD card, and nothing was put into the
trash. In fact, the ./trash folder that gets created on a removable disk
when you throw something in the trash does not even exist yet on the card.

I had only been adding files when suddenly it reported the drive full
when it got to about half of its capacity.

Any other ideas about why the card is not taking more files after being
only half full?

--
Dave M G