Syncing Calendars btwn server, desktop, and Palm; managing addresses in mutt, evolution, and a PDA

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 9 21:31:26 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm addicted to mutt, which I still think is the most versatile mail
program I've used.  But I'm getting used to evolution, which I'm also
starting to like, and I LOVE syncing the calendar with my Palm Pilot
(ancient, serial-portbased, and unconnectable at work).  SO here's what
I'm after:

ADDRESSES

I like my .mutt/aliases file.  It's simple, easy to maintain, trivial to
enter addresses into, easy to search through when I'm confused.  And it
has several hundered email addresses in it.  However, I'd be willing to
give it up if I could find a different solution giving me full acces to
all my addresses from mutt (a must), evolution (a must) and my PDA (not
so important just yet).

CALENDARS

I'm grooving on the black & white PalmOS 3.5 interface on my Palm V.
The only problem with this lovely machine is that I can't sync without a
big bulky serial-cabled cradle -- so I leave the cradle at home.
SOmetimes I'm in my office & setting up appointments & want to enter
them on the server I use here as a desktop.  But I have no way to get
those appointments back into my palm, b/c I can't sync directly from the
server to the palm.

ok, I could update my palm.  But in any case I have about a jillion
ocmputers lying around and would like for all of them to be able to
access the same calendar file, and ALSO to be able to sync that file
(both directions) with the calendar on my palm.  Ideally, in fact, all
of the palm-related files would be synced with each other.

I can imagine there are a variety of possible solutions to this problem.
Does anyone have a solution with which they're wholly satisfied?  IF so,
I'd love to hear more about it.  Thanks loads!

Matt