Installing GIMPshop and fighting with Synaptic

dan hentaidan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:31:49 UTC 2006

> > > On 09/02/06, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [1] The GIMP interface is pretty half-assed... GIMP could certainly do
> better than all the #$!%!$# windows it has now.

I'm surprised by how often I hear that comment. I love having a
million windows to move around, put where I want (as well as on other
desktops). I love having my entire screen devoted to my image, I love
being able to resize the layers dialogue so I can read my insanely
long layer names.

But then I've never used Photoshop, so I wouldn't know what the
alternative is like ;)

I just wish GIMP would stop insisting on using in excess of 1.2 GB of
memory at the moment :)

Lets hope we get the best of both worlds!

Dan
--
http://www.danicity.co.uk