Need help with APT Repositoryies

Gallagher, Tim (NE) Tim.Gallagher at gd-ais.com
Thu Feb 9 17:11:02 UTC 2006

I have no idea what is happening, I have built many computers but this
is killing me.  I run apt-get update and get these errors;

Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy-backports/multiverse Sources
Fetched 3300kB in 2m48s (19.5kB/s)
Failed to fetch
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/breezy/universe/binary-i386/Pa
ckages.gz  Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)
Reading package lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://us.archive.ubuntu.com
breezy/universe Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_breezy_universe_b
inary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

What is happening here, I cannot install software, this is a new
computer.

I have added other repositories but I need these to get software from.
Is anyone else noticeing these problems.  I hate to have to se readhat
to build these computers.

Thanks

Tim