ckermit won't install (follow up)

Tom Smith tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 15:12:56 UTC 2006

Peter Garrett wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:42:25 -0700
>Tom Smith <tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Tom,
>Looking again at your sources.list, it appears you only have the
>*backports* multiverse enabled (and ckermit is in the *normal* multiverse)
>

>>deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main restricted universe multiverse
>>deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main restricted universe multiverse
>>

>Those seem to be the only lines where multiverse appears. Try ditching
>your pinning, adding the word "multiverse" at the end of your "universe"
>lines, and *then* running
>
>sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ckermit
>
>Peter

That's is! Man, I had a major brain fart! I added "multiverse" to the
end of the "breezy" sources and ckermit was installed--thank you.

By the way... All the "pinning" really serves one purpose--it ensures
that nothing from "universe" or "multiverse" gets installed unless
specifically allowed, since these Components aren't officially supported
by Ubuntu.