Installing GIMPshop and fighting with Synaptic

dan hentaidan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:46:02 UTC 2006

On 09/02/06, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> The question is then, can I and should I install gimpShop from it's own
> web site in the meantime? Can I do it in such a way that Synaptic will
> stop complaining at me?

Have you tried compiling from source? I just gave it a quick go, and
it seems to compile fine (the errors I got were solved on the
website).

I've just tried the .deb from
http://linux.suramya.com/tutorials/Install_GIMPShop/ and had to find
libtiff3g from debians oldstable. The rest of the dependencies should
be in the repositories (I'm using dapper).

Theres mention of (an old) ubuntu package here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=67525 which seems to work
fine with dpkg -i.

Dan
--