Failure to restart after Hibernatiion

Upayavira uv at odoko.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 09:54:28 UTC 2006

Upayavira wrote:
> Julio Biason wrote:

>>>Interesting. How do you switch?
>>

>>Edit /etc/X11/xorg.org, look for a Device section with
>>
>>Driver "nvidia"
>>
>>and change it to
>>
>>Driver "nv"
>

> Actually, I started at:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NvidiaLaptopBinaryDriverSuspend
>
> Followed the tips, and hibernate now works - beautifully - much better
> than it ever did under hoary!
>
> So thank you! Without your pointer, I wouldn't have been able to fix
> this. Many many thanks.

Even better than this, a 'suspend' option just appeared, which shuts
down and restarts my PC in under 10 seconds! And it makes it feel like
I've just been given an entirely new PC. Wheeeeeeeee. Now I can see how
Breezy has improved upon Hoary.

Thanks again for the pointer to Nvidia being the cause.

Upayavira