Can't print to pdf

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:46:30 UTC 2006

Are you using cups-pdf?

If so then cups must be set to run as root rather than an unpriviledged user.
Not sure if this is the problem you're having.

>From the cups-pdf homepage:
CUPS-PDF requires root privileges since it has to modify file
ownerships. In recent distributions the "RunAsUser" option in
cupsd.conf is set to "Yes" which removes these privileges. Please make
sure to set "RunAsUser No" if you want to use CUPS-PDF.
http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf/