Dell Dimension E510 (aka Dimension 5150n), ATI Radeon X600, & Ubuntu

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Feb 6 23:31:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:16 -0500, Randy W. Sims wrote:
> I'd still prefer Ubuntu, if anyone can help with getting this ATI
> X600
> card working. I guess I could also ask over on debian-user, and maybe
> look for a xorg list...
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.

You could try a newer release like Dapper.  Does it work at all without
the binary ATI drivers?

The problem is that hardware changes so fast, and it gets faster every
year.  It might just be that your hardware is too new for the distro you
tried to install.

Best bet is try to google for whether anyone else has had luck with that
laptop...

Lee