Installation problems

AirCooled aircooledmail-ubuntu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 22:29:17 UTC 2006

http://www.etree.org/cgi-bin/counter.cgi/software/md5sum.exe,
> then put
> it in your C:/Windows/System32 folder. After that go
> to the file and
> type md5sum <filename> It will spit out a row of
> numbers and letters.
> Now compare them with the numbers and letters in the
> MD5SUMS file from
> the page you downloaded the .iso from. If it is not
> corrupted, each of
> the numbers will be the same, otherwise you need a
> new copy (download it
> again). If it is correct, check the cd too.
>
> Sasha

Ok, unable to access the saved files to verify. I'm
still unsure about the message "Chipset not
supported!" This message was located in the "options"
of the configuration menu for "memtest". If this is
going to preclude the use of this distribution on my
machine, I will simply be chasing my tail by
continuing to troubleshoot this installation, correct?
If, in fact, it has no bearing, I'm prepared to
download the ISO again(7 hours worth...Aargh!). I'm
using a "Wireless BroadBand Modem", basically a
cellphone for my computer, and the best I've been able
to get from any mirrors is about basic dial-up
speeds... 28.8k! I think I will try DL'ing the Distro
from LimeWire next time, I usually achieve speeds in
excess of 175k, as a free user. If that's what it
takes to make this distribution install properly, I'll
do it. But....... can somebody please positively
verify if this "Chipset not supported!" message is
indeed the culprit? Or can they positively verify that
it is NOT the culprit? I'm quite prepared to learn
whatever I need to in an effort to make this work, and
perhaps in the future be able to help others with
similar(or not so similar) problems. I'm
self-employed, so I write my own schedule, and about
the only task currently on my schedule is THIS!! You
could say it's my priority in life right now!

Again, all help, input, and comments are greatly
appreciated!

Regards,

AirCooled(Relentlessly Determined)