kubuntu and acroread

Kenneth Jacker khj at be.cs.appstate.edu
Mon Feb 6 20:30:49 UTC 2006

  >> Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com hoary/multiverse acroread-debian-files 0.0.8 [15.1kB]
  >> Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com hoary/multiverse acroread 5.10-0.2 [9171kB]

  albi> ah, excuse me, didn't realise you're using ubuntu hoary ...

I didn't either!  Nice seeing, Albi ...

Changing the above to "breezy" did the trick!

How did that happen?  I did the install in "expert" mode.  Everything
was fine.  Wanting to add more packages, I (too quickly) "uncommented"
out the entries for 'universe' and 'multiverse'.

In hind sight I realized that the 'universe' lines specified "breezy",
but the 'multiverse' ones contained *hoary*!  Why, I don't know ...

Anyway, I'm an 'acroread' "happy camper" again!

Thanks to everyone for the help,

  -Kenneth