unrar for dapper

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Feb 6 20:45:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 21:57 +0100, ulrich steffens wrote:
> no need to panic, head over to
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/utils/unrar-nonfree
> download the deb and install it with 'sudo dpkg -i xyz.deb'
> works pretty sweet.

OK finally, THAT works (meanwhile I scp'ed the file to a Windows box,
uncompressed it with winrar, copied it back, and was finished with it
days ago).

> why, on the other hand, the nonfree version was dropped would be
> interesting to know. i could imagine it's a license issue?

I don't know, but this is a serious regression - a loss of basic,
elementary functionality from breezy to dapper.  If it was legal in
Breezy it should be legal in Dapper.