unrar for dapper

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Feb 6 01:53:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 03:09 +0100, ulrich steffens wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 04.02.2006, 18:10 -0500 schrieb Lee Revell:
> > On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 17:03 -0600, Jeremy Teale wrote:
> > > Sorry, conveniently ignored the Dapper part.
> > >

> > Also unrar-nonfree can't handle multi part archives.
> >
> > Lee
> >
> it does.
> while the free unrar version isnt capable of doing anything besides
> spitting out the actual message that it cannot handle the file you throw
> at it, unrar-nonfree runs pretty well here. worked pretty in breezy and
> now in dapper (just dpkg'ed the breezy .deb).

OK so why couldn't it handle my archive?  I copied it over to a Windows
box and Winrar extracted it just fine.

Is there some trick to unpacking a multi part archive with unrar-free?
I cd'ed to the directory and unrar'ed the .rar file, expecting it to
pick up .r00 etc automatically and it didn't...

(of course it's idiotic to post anything in multi part RAR format these
days but that's another issue...)

Lee