Installation problems

AirCooled aircooledmail-ubuntu at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 16:02:14 UTC 2006

Hello,
  I'm a brand-new wannabe user of Linux. I'm a "wannabe" becuase I cannot get the OS to install. I've tried the default installation(I burned my CD image from a mirror), and it stops responding at the "configuring network usingDHCP", I've used the expert installation and just jump right past that, in the parttion portion it stops responding when it starts writing the file structure. I even left it on all night, and in the morning it was 0% complete. Can somebody help me? Or am I forever destined to be an indentured servant to Windows XP. If only I had known how glitchy, slow and "UN-user" friendly XP was, I would have continued with my 98SE.
  Someone please help me! There seems to be no documentation regarding these problems, other than the "Ctrl+C", and it has no effect.

  Regards,

  AirCooled