Problem!

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 03:01:14 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-02 at 00:35 +1100, Sasha Tsykin wrote:
> Michael T. Richter wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-03-02 at 09:03 +0200, Mike Kenny wrote:
> >>         The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for
> >>         all time. The terror of their tyranny, however, is alleviated
> >>         by their lack of consistency.
> >>                 -Albert Einstein

> > Ah, yes.  More of this "Linux for Human Beings" thing.  People who
> > disagree with you or do things differently are stupid.

> > You people must be a joy at multicultural gatherings.

> I'm not sure that was what was meant, and the offensiveness seems pointless.

I should think that the meaning is clear.  I'm f-ing tired of Linux/UNIX
advocates who think that their way is the only f-ing way in the universe
and who go so far as to label anybody who chooses to do things
differently as, to choose a few choice words at random from the last TWO
DAYS ALONE:
- lazy
- irresponsible
- illogical
- irrational
- stupid
- uneducated

When you claim to be "Linux for Human Beings" it behooves you to accept
a single, basic, human trait: we are different from each other.
Groupthink is as wrong for Linux users as it is for Windows users.
Indeed it's far worse for Linux users since Linux users are the ones
constantly trumpeting "freedom" left, right and centre.  Apparently, as
with most other places, Linux users spouting off on "freedom" really
mean "freedom for me and a few of my friends".

So the offensiveness?  Is warranted.  In that it is a direct response to
the offensiveness that is spewed *constantly* in this (and other) Ubuntu
mailing lists toward anybody who thinks even slightly differently from
the "free-thinking" masses here.

Damn!  I'm hard-pressed to think of *any* argument more f-ing ludicrous
than "top vs. bottom posting"!  This puts holy wars over OTB style to
shame for utter nonsense!

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn