ATA? Please . . .

Ted Parks tparks at linuxmail.org
Fri Feb 3 15:23:38 UTC 2006

Carroll,

Thanks so much for your reply and for the helpful link. I will read the googled page.

What is odd is that cdrecord -scanbus with both dev=ATA and dev=ATAPI yields usable drives in Debian but only dev=ATAPI in Ubuntu. And, unfortunately, specifying the drive with dev=ATAPI doesn't work well with cdrdao.

Best,
Ted