xterm problem

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Fri Feb 3 10:59:23 UTC 2006

Thilo Six wrote:
> Heinrich Rebehn schrieb am 02.02.2006 13:00:
>
>> $TERM is "xterm" in both cases.
>> The problem also shows up when viewing manpages. Highlighted portions
>> are close to unreadable, as is my colored bash prompt.
>>
>> Am i the only one observing this??
>>
>> --Heinrich
>
> what results do you get if you try this one:
> xterm -ls -j -s -sl 6000 -sb -rightbar -fa "Bitstream Vera Mono" -fs 10
> -fg black -bg white -geometry 87x23
>
> This is my favourite Xterm and as i had "aliased" this xterm, it was the
>  one i had tested it with. Sorry for misinformation.
>
> bye Thilo

Hi Thilo, Hi Charles,

thanks for your replies. I started playing with the fonts that you
suggested. The results are somewhat better, but not really good.

I then ran the sarge xterm binary under ubuntu and the fonts were
perfect, while the scrollbar is still broken.

Obviously, ubuntu's version of xterm is broken. I hope that i will find
time next week to compare the sources.

Thanks for your help,

	Heinrich

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341