Strange 100% CPU usage with Xorg 7 (latest update)

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:58:19 UTC 2006

On 03/02/06, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 08:53 +0100, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> > Xorg 50%
> > update-notifier 25%
>
> The reason is probably update-notifier, everyone had the same issue a
> week ago or so. I just tried it again, seems to work for me now.

I tried to switch to dapper last night and got the same issue. Killing
update-notifier was the first thing I did, but the CPU still running
at full scale (on breezy, it usually stayed on 50%).

Also, I see some flickering when I type anything on any program, so I
think it is a Cairo/Pango issue.

Good thing installing Breezy is easy. :)

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>