[Dapper] [Kino] ieee and export problems

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Thu Feb 2 22:43:14 UTC 2006

* IEEE 1394
Under edit > preferences > IEEE 1394 I have the message "The IEEE 1394
Subsystem is not responding. The raw1394 module must be loaded, and you
must have read and write access to /dev/raw1394."

I've checked and I am a member of the video group, but that doesn't seem
to do any good.

'raw1394' doesn't show up on a search of my system.

If I run as a user I just get "WARNING: raw1394 kernel module not loaded
or failure to read/write /dev/raw1394!"

Running as root it looks okay, but the interface freezes, and I can see
in the console that it's just dropping every frame:
reader < # dropped frames: 983
reader < # dropped frames: 984
reader < # dropped frames: 985
reader < # dropped frames: 986
... and so on.

So, Kino is not looking good in dapper at the moment. Although some of
these problems seem familiar from Breezy.

Anyone a Kino wizz?

Duncan