Installing (k)ubuntu on a HP zd8000

Phil Cooper sendphilmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:55:11 UTC 2006

Hi;

I'm trying to install Kubuntu on my HP zd8000 - I checked the laptop
list and it's supported. I downloaded the i386 image, burnt it to CD
and verified it, with no problems.

When I boot off it, I get the "Kubuntu" screen, and a message saying
to press enter to do a normal install. When I press enter, I am
presented with a screen showing three white blobs with some multi-
coloured noise over the top, which gradually brightens until the
whole screen is white. There are scan-lines over the picture, so only
every-other line of pixels has any content.

At this point I get scared and turn off my laptop.

Any ideas? The CD burnt and verified fine.

  - Phil Cooper.