If I install Dapper Drake Flight 3...

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:48:18 UTC 2006

On 02/02/06, Brant Fitzsimmons <brant at bfcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:

> How broken is the current Dapper?  Is it stable enough for a production
> computer?

It's in really good shape right now, but I have to say "no" to a
production, unless by production you mean your home desktop ;)

It's always wise to have a test box before upgrading any production
systems.  According to the schedule[1] Dapper is in an upstream
version freeze and most of these versions are coming in pretty stable.
 Personally, I'll start thinking of upgrading my production boxes
after the end of Feb. when most things should be "good."  But
naturally, "thinking" doesn't mean acting ;)

Use your own discretion.  I would classify my Dapper desktop as
"stable" today, but an update tomorrow might not make it so.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseSchedule

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com