apt-get upgrade & gconftool-2

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Feb 2 15:05:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 00:10 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> Whenver I apt-get upgrade dapper and any Gnome packages get upgraded it
> takes FOREVER, like an hour to upgrade ~50 packages, due to gconftool-2
> sucking massive amounts of CPU.  This used to be really fast.

I have the exact same problem, glad to see it's not just me. I can't
remember when it started doing it, but I think it's quite recent, maybe
a week or two, something like that.
Given the visibility and impact of that bug, the devs sure noticed it
and are working on it... well I hope, but better make sure the bug is
filed in Malone...

--
Vince