Busted mplayer

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Thu Feb 2 07:08:27 UTC 2006

C Hamel wrote:
> Mplayer (CLI-invoked) will not play an audio stream.  I invoked it and left=
Which version of mplayer are you using, the use from breezy or current
dapper?

> The above stream works flawlessly within Gentoo's MPlayer 1.0pre4-3.3.4.  T=
> he=20
> outputs are below, which might help illustrate what is happening.
This is a quite ancient version of mplayer.

> Gentoo's output in konsole, minus some header info:
The header info would have been interesting as well.

Try the option '-ao alsa', if this doesn't help, try '-ao oss'. If both
don't help, please file a bug, and make attachment of full output of
mplayer

Greetings,
	Reinhard