Almost there (XP/Ubuntu/Mandriva triple-boot revisited)

Chuck Mattsen mattsen at arvig.net
Thu Feb 2 00:15:54 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 14:24, Tim Frost wrote:
TF> Remember that lilo locates files at the time when you *run* lilo, and
TF> expects them relative to the current file system layout.  This means
TF> that you need to have the ubuntu kernel and initrd in the mandriva /boot
TF> directory, named vmlinuz-2.6.12-9-386ubuntu and
TF> initrd.img-2.6.12-9-386ubuntu.

You betcha ... thanks.  Between your post and a similar one on the Install
board at the Ubuntu site, I'm up and running (at least, I can now triple-boot
successfully and have have performed my first apt-get upgrade, so now I'm
ready to tweak the heck out of things and get myself into more trouble).

In short, I ended up temporarily mounting the hda3 (Ubuntu) partition, copying
the files over, editing and running lilo, and then rebooted into Ubuntu
successfully.

Thanks all.  I'll work on having new problems shortly. :-)

Chuck MATTSEN / Mahnomen, MN, USA / mattsen at arvig.net
Mandriva Linux release 2006.1 (Cooker) for i586
kernel 2.6.12-13mdk-i686-up-4GB / RLU #346519