Dual Booting Win XP and Ubuntu

Camuzat Sebastien camuzat_s at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 15:20:42 UTC 2006

Hi, guys !

Regardings problems I have with my FAT32 partition, I
would suggest to use the ext2 format.
Win$ always asks me to check my partition (120Gb)
while there is no significant problem, and FAT32 needs
defragmentation.
IFS, under win$$ allows R/W on ext2 partitions. This
is a pretty nice solution !

I'd really like to remove win$$, but Ive still got
limitations that do not allow me to get rid of it.

Best example, for me : compatibility OpenOffice /
MSWord. There are still problems of conversion, that
force me to switch to MSword, when I want a document
to be perfect, in .doc format.

Another example : I still do not understand why my
ubuntu's TV-out is always Black&White, while under
Win$$ colors are OK, with the same installation.