Synaptics Touchpad problems

emmanuel idemudia emimudia at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 14:56:21 UTC 2006

Dear Derek,
  Hello,to this message.However i would i be paid for working with ubuntu.Most of the computer time i use i pay for it .
  Thanks Emmanuel
  co-worker Ubuntu.

Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
  C Hamel wrote:

> On Monday 2006 January 30 15:49, cyberbear wrote:
>

>> That's strange. I have installed Ubuntu on two different HP laptops
>> (ze4510 and a ze5500) with no problems at all using the touchpad.
>> Tapping, scrolling, and the touchpad on/off button all work
>> perfectly. I wonder if Synaptics or HP have changed something in
>> later models?
>
> I suppose anything can happen in that regard.

Wouldn't surprise me. Dell has moved from using Synaptics to ALPS. They
both use the same driver, but the configuration can be slightly different
for the ALPS.
--
derek