Local IP address?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Feb 1 13:46:41 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

This seems to be one of those questions so simple that no one feels the
need to provide the information.

I want to know how to be able to find out what my *local* IP address is.
I have a router which automatically assigns an IP address to each
computer hooked into it. I know my computer is in the range of
192.168.0.???. But the last number is something between 1 and 4, and I'm
not sure what.

I've looked around on the net and I can easily find out my address as
seen from out on the internet, some completely random, dynamically
number assigned at my Internet Provider. But that's not what I need to know.

I need to know exactly what my LAN IP address is so that I can assign
port forwarding to my computer.

So, how do I do that?

Thank you for any instruction.

--