Almost there (XP/Ubuntu/Mandriva triple-boot revisited)

Chuck Mattsen mattsen at arvig.net
Wed Feb 1 05:18:42 UTC 2006

Y'all get ready for some more upcomin' hand-holdin'.  (But not tonight; it's
too late for coffee and I'm almost out of cigarettes, not to mention I'm
beat.)

Anyway, thanks to all who responded to my initial post(s) regarding setting up
a triple-boot with XP Pro, [k]ubuntu and Mandriva.  I finally mustered up the
courage to go ahead with the basic installation tonight -- except for
installing eithe grub or lilo, as I'll edit lilo later from Mdv, or so is the
plan -- and at least all is well with my XP Pro and Mandriva (and
theoretically with Ubuntu, as well, though that's for tomorrow's agenda), so
that's my main worry out of the way.

Now, I just need to tackle lilo to make it handle the now triple-boot setup,
so I'm sure I'll be back.  ;-)

Thanks again.

Chuck MATTSEN / Mahnomen, MN, USA / mattsen at arvig.net
Mandriva Linux release 2006.1 (Cooker) for i586
kernel 2.6.12-13mdk-i686-up-4GB / RLU #346519