firestarer problem

Dennis Castanos dennismouille at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 03:15:49 UTC 2006

Thilo

I copy Firestarter folder to my usb stick from my desktop.  Is there a command that I can used in the terminal to copy the Firestarter folder in my home folder to  /etc/firestarter. I'm new to Ubuntu so I don't know if this can be done.

below, the two commands confuse me.  How does it know that my desktop fire folder in is my home directory, or maybe I just missing something.

$ sudo aptitude purge firestarter
$ sudo aptitude install firestarter
Thanks

Thilo Six <T.Six at gmx.de> wrote: Dennis Castanos wrote the following on 31.12.2006 00:51:
> I can not get on the Internet with my laptop when the FIREWALL IS ON.  I don't have any problems with my desktop which both share the same DSL connection.  I don't do any networking.  It was working.  I uninstall and re stalled but no luck.  Any suggestions?
> Thanks - Dennis

Long way:
You can compare the two configs if you copy /etc/firestarter/ from your
desktop to your laptop and then do:

diff -qr path/to/etc/firestarter_from_working_pc /etc/firestarter/

I suppose some wrong setting there.

Then go on with the following:

Short way:
$ sudo aptitude purge firestarter