SVG Viewer

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Sat Dec 30 21:17:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 21:59 +0100, Andre Schmidt wrote:
> ment *build-in, of course :)
> heres more info what works and what not
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/SVG_in_Firefox_1.5

Andre~
I should clarify.  I'm running FF 1.5.0.8 on Dapper.  I came across a
site which threw up a message asking me about getting an SVG viewer
plug-in.  Reading through the link (above), it all points to ff 2.0
"...Firefox 2 continues to make progress toward a broader implementation
of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) functionality. The only new feature
added above the support in Firefox 1.5 is <textPath>, though a number of
specification and bug fixes have also been incorporated -- see below."

Since the link to the bug fixes exclusively deal with ff 2.0, I am lead
to believe that either little or no support for SVG is available in ff
1.5.x .

> and adobe svg plugin is "dead"
> http://www.adobe.com/svg/eol.html

Not sure about "dead" ... On the link to adobe - "Adobe customer support
for Adobe SVG Viewer will be discontinued on January 1, 2008."

If what I read on the Moz link is correct, there isn't support for SVG
in ff 1.5.x, and none will be available until ff 2.0 is released in
2007, meaning that the only browser which would support would be (yikes)
IE ?