apology

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 29 20:27:10 UTC 2006

Sorry about the memory requirements when I mentioned the amount of RAM.
I think I should have said I have 256 MB not 256 KB which in theory
shouldn't be the problem for installing from the Live CD as I have noticed
others who might have mentioned similar system requirements unless there is
a problem with the speed of my processor which I think is a pentium either a
1 GHZ or maybe even 2 GHZ.
Possibly the chap helping me will be using the Alternative installation CD
anyway as he is hoping to come back to my flat to try and sort me out
tomorrow afternoon.
He thinks he might have a bit more memory for me and perhaps an extra drive
so I can have Linux run from a second drive rather than try and add Edgy to
my existing drive.
I know someone else in the Linux group got Edgy running using the
Alternative CD and had no problem making it a Ubuntu only system but as yet
the Alternative CD doesn't install with speech so it is good that someone
with this chap's knowledge of Linux is installing it for me what with the
Text based installation being visual only.