Windows refugee questions...

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:38:37 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, David B Teague <davidbteague at verizon.net> wrote:
> So  I install Ubuntu and specify DHCP instead of providing an IP number
> and the modem will provide the IP number?

Try booting from the desktop CD and it will probably do exactly what
you want with no additional configuration. I believe it tries DHCP
first and only asks for the other information if that fails.

Unless you need a different network setup, you will not need to
specify anything different when you install.

Are you saying you tried booting from the CD and your network didn't
work, or are you fretting about it before even trying it?

Booting from the desktop CD should be completely benign to your
existing setup until you choose to do an installation.