Where are my partitions?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Dec 25 23:57:28 UTC 2006

Avraham Hanadari wrote:

> Not on my version of Ubuntu. There's something called Device Manager,
> but it just lists the Windows name of the Windows data partition. I'm
> giving up. I guess I'm still not ready for Linux ... or Linux isn't
> ready for my desktop.

Please don't say "Linux" isn't ready.  There are enough variants of Linux
that it is pretty safe to say that there is at least _one_ that does what
you want.  I haven't looked very far in Kubuntu, but I see that when I
put /dev/sda into the address box of Konqueror, it immediately pops up a
list of partitions (/dev/sda1-4), so clearly Konqueror knows the
partitions.
--
derek