mms protocol with Wget

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 26 04:55:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:39:50 +0200
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > mplayer -playlist -dumpstream -dumpfile fugly.proprietary.stuff
> > mms://foo.bar.baaz
> >

> Thanks, I'll give that a shot tomorrow at the uni.

Alternatively:

$ apt-cache show mimms

 MiMMS, formerly called "mmsclient", is a simple client to download
 streaming audio and/or video media from the internet using the MMS
 protocol (i.e. from mms:// type URLs, generally found in asx files).
 Downloaded streams can then be replayed offline at your leisure,
 using any compatible media player of your choice.

Peter