GNU Java vs. Sun Java: What's the difference, what is better?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 21:43:53 UTC 2006

On 22/12/06, Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> If they both work you shouldn't notice any difference. It would of
> course be GNU politically better to use the GNU version until Sun is
> finished making Java open source. I don't think they're finished with
> that process yet.

Thanks. I've actually got the Sun Java installed, but I can't get it
to work with Firefox. The Kubuntu wiki is outdated, it only refers to
Kubuntu 5.10 and 6.06. How does one get Firefox to use the Sun Java in
Kubuntu 6.10?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/157/416/queen/live_killers.php
http://essentialinux.com/linux-software.php