Xubuntu and WiFi Madness (version 6.10)

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Thu Dec 21 07:23:50 UTC 2006

Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote:

> When I came to do the upgrade, my wifi card was recognised ... and I thought
> that this was going to be easy.  Wrong!!  My network manager stubbornly
> refuses to 'see' a wireless interface ... and so I cannot bring it up.
> Various attempts to bring up the ath0 interface have failed ... and I have
> come to a brick wall.

> Has anyone else got past this little problem??

I had some issues with the madwifi driver for Atheros cards with edgy as
well. For it helped to install the latest driver from madwifi.org.

Maybe you want to give it a shot.

Carsten

PS: However, my problem was a little bit different. I was able to see a
lot of networks, but association with the AP sometimes failed (probably
due to a timing problem)