windows reinstalled problems

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:51:17 UTC 2006

Hi Cheatah!

>From what I read it does sound like the Ubuntu installation was
formatted over.

You do need to understand what is going on with the Master Boot Record
when you set up dual boot machines.  In XP I would recommend that you
use the XP boot loader to access GRUB (the XP/Ubuntu) boot loader on
the master boot record loads GRUB as an option).  Or use it to simply
load Ubuntu as an option.

To find out how Google "Ubuntu XP dual boot" and "XP boot loader".

Have fun!

Tod