Dapper or just Linux (child safe)

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:17:04 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get some good info
on
> making Linux child safe for surfing.
>
> I want to get my nephews on to Linux (pref ubuntu) but I want it to be
safe.
> I'll be abroad and so I want to make it as secure as poss from the
beginning
> rather than having to refine things regulary.
>
> I've seen using squidguard but that looks sdifficult to set up but I will
> read into it more.
>
> In the meantime, any hints / tips / pointers would be great.
>
> Kids and computers is new to me :(
>
> CIA
>
> -ants
>

>  Send instant messages to your online friends
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Hi,

I just want to share this information, it's about the effects of
pornography, from http://www.watchtower.org, where it got alot of amazing
articles about practical applications of the bible, I used to be a JW...

so to quote,

Some researchers say that exposure to pornography can also affect the
> natural development of a child's brain. Dr. Judith Reisman, president of the
> Institute for Media Education, concludes: "Health-based neurological
> observations about the instinctual brain-imprinted response to pornographic
> sights and sounds indicates that viewing pornography is a biologically
> significant event that overrides informed consent—and that is *harmful* to
> children's [moldable] 'plastic' brains because it compromises their grasp of
> reality and thus their mental and physical health, their well-being and
> their pursuit of happiness."

-- http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2003/7/22/article_03.htm

You'll find alot of useful information on the site, like avoiding dangers of
the internet,<http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/12/8a/article_01.htm>
and protect yourself and those you loved (from
pornography)<http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/8/article_03.htm>

I hope you'll all find the site helpful.

Regards,
Joel

--
Carpe Diem