Problem ndiswrapper with a belkin 802.11g

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 17 19:44:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 00:57 +0100, Trevor Nye wrote:
> I have just been through the process of installing my wifi card a BELKIN
> 802.11g, using the belkin install drivers from the windows install CD,
> via ndiswrapper.
>
> When I completed the install the card has its connected to the PC light
> on ok. When I start up the system the ethernet light flashes and appears
> to talk to the base a belkin unit as well.
>
> On my machine I have dual boot with windozh XP installed so I know the
> key and I know that the connection is good.
>
> Can anyone help me please.
>
> Regards in advance

What exactly is the problem? It sounds like it is functioning correctly,
so maybe you don't know how to get it to connect. Best thing I can say
without more information is that you open up the terminal and run:

	sudo aptitude install network-manager-gnome

Then restart the computer. After logging in again you should have a new
icon in the top-right of your screen. Have a fiddle with it and see if
you can get the network working.