XTreme Desktops on Ubuntu?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 10:31:55 UTC 2006

On 17/12/06, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> I meant - a package i can download that will change the Ubuntu Desktop (say,
> Gnome) to an interactive flash -based desktop related to a specific theme /
> topic.
>
> For instance: I came across it regarding the new Director's cut version of
> Alien (the firs original movie from 1979). The Xtreme Desktop
> for that movie would keep me inform on the dates it's supposed to hit a
> theatre near me and give me access to online content (like trailers and
> clips from the movie), right from the desktop in flash.
>
> Only thing is it's a Window$ executable which will not work, obviously,
> under Linux...
>
> Thanks,

Windows executables run under wine, but as this is desktop
integration, I doubt that it will work the way you expect it to.

What's wrong with going to a website for the information that you
need? If you want it pushed at you instead of pulling it yourself,
then you can subscribe to an rss feed. Need I start a discussion
regarding the security implications of things like this?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xss.html
http://song-lirics.com