Old pc faster than recent

sebastien scamot2004 at gmx.at
Thu Dec 14 21:45:06 UTC 2006

OK, so another more accurate information.

1. On the celeron laptop Ive lauched OO word processor :
* disabling acpid and apmd daemons (laptop energy management):
... in 18 seconds
* acpid and apmd enabled :
... 22seconds.
(inbetween I of course disconnected the session)

2. On my 7 years old pentium 733 :
 15 seconds !!!

ARGH...