Ubuntu on a 486?

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 10:52:39 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, Peter Hummers <phummers at iname.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:35:35 -0500
> John Richard Moser <nigelenki at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I'm not much of a tree-hugger, but there are too many computers that still work in our landfills. I'd like to see some support for 486; 386s could still serve files, too, as far as that goes ...

Configuring Debian and NFS/Samba on them shouldn't be too hard
(actually, I should know: I have a celeron 70 doing exactly that. It's
not too hard). Diluting Ubuntu's purpose (to be an excellent _desktop_
distro) wouldn't be enough justification for this, in my opinion (who
said I'm humble?).

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar