Ubuntu LiveCD hangs with 2 hard disks

Dabke Parag paragdabke at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 13:51:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have ubuntu 6.x liveCD. I was able to run this CD on
my m/c. Then I installed second hard disk. Thought f
installing Ubuntu on 2nd hard disk. After installing
second hard disk, system hangs while booting. I can
see boot options. When I select run / install Ubuntu,
message 'mounting root' is displayed and system hangs.
I have HP Pavillion m/c. 1st hard disk is Seagate SATA
and 2nd hard disk is Western digital PATA hard disk.
Any idea why this is happening and how can this be
resolved?

Thanks & Regards,
Parag