Starting the Rsync Daemon (rsyncd) on boot

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Wed Dec 6 03:16:01 UTC 2006

Thanks for the links.  My rc.local entry did work after correcting my spelling of daemon. I'll have to look at these other solutions.  Also had to put in a chown statement to maintain the correct permissions on the directories after a reboot.  rsync needs the nobody ownership.  All works very nicely.

Thanks again.

Clint