install webrick for Rail

Stephen Ryan taketwoaspirin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:41:45 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
> 12052006 1226 GMT-6
>
> I followed the instructions in the Wiki for Ruby on Rails here
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RubyOnRails
> and it says webrick is easiest to use for testing. Well, Im just
> learning and dont want to mess with my Apache install so, can someone
> tell me, it says that webrick is the default install with Rails but I
> didnt get it.... how do you?

Run script/server in your project directory; that will load webrick on
port 3000, with all of the rails libraries it needs; go to
http://localhost:3000/ in your browser to see the start page.

(I'm assuming that you've gotten everything up to that point okay,
including generating a new application with 'rails my_app'; once you
have rails and mysql installed, the tutorials from www.rubyonrails.com
should be helpful, too).