Window control

Lorin Pino ljpino at grm.net
Tue Dec 5 04:33:44 UTC 2006

Chris Rohde wrote:
> Heya all,
> So, I read somewhere today about the amazing control one has over the
> style, opacity, etc of the desktop and windows involved. However, being
> a complete linux moron, I have no idea how to affect such changes.
> Anyone care to indoctrinate me into this secret club? And possibly walk
> me through it as any mistakes I make are sure to be legendary?
>
> Chris

Mistakes are in the eye of the beholder?  Try System>Preferences, then
play with the settings under Windows, Themes, Menus & Toolbars, and
Fonts.  Then you could right click on your panels and play with the
properties.  Just don't delete the panel until you are confident on how
to make another one!

If you are afraid of really screwing things up, create another user, and
mess with the settings there.  However, you should be just fine in your
own.  One thing to remember is that you can really make your system
memory intensive with some options. (So it may not be ideal to have 16
virtual desktops with individual wallpaper.)
Good Luck.
~Lorin