can't get static ip

Abraham Rolick ARolick at fillmore.k12.ca.us
Mon Dec 4 22:50:09 UTC 2006

It sounds like you're not actually receiving a dynamic IP from a DHCP
server.  Cards will resort to this 169.x.y.z address you speak of if
they don't hear a DHCP offer soon enough.

You should make sure that you do in fact have some sort of DHCP server
on that network or else just program in static IPs on all of your
devices.

(I use static IPs on all of my personal devices but still run a DHCP
server for my roommates' X-Boxes and laptops.)

-Abe