Edgy Upgrades

South Walney Information Management info at swimbarrow.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 11:02:18 UTC 2006

I'm not getting update notiofications with my Edgy.  Actually I think
that might be something to do with having started with Kubuntu,
regretted it, and reverted to Ubuntu with GNOME, expunging all traces of
KDE.  Apart from the lack of update notifications it works fine, and I
can update with sudo apt-get update, when I remember (which isn't all
that often, to be truthful.)

Or at least I could until I tried it today, and then I got this message:

> enitharmon at FatAndy:~$ sudo apt-get update

[...]

> Fetched 9648B in 1s (6958B/s)
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://packages.freecontrib.org edgy-plf Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F120156012B83718
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> enitharmon at FatAndy:~$

A bit of a circular problem!

Help!

Rosie